This podcast features the Selling to Health Plans panel discussion at the Digital Health Growth Summit, moderated by our very own Shahid Shah, with panelists Vijay Bhatt, Deputy CTO, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, and Bill Friedman, Vice President of Sales, Zipari.
The panel covers some of the most important digital health technologies that health plans are interested in and how digital health startups can get health plan executives to buy the technologies they’re building. One of my favorite points is that you’ve got to de-risk the decision to buy:
- Start small and build-up
- Pilots are not bad when done right
- Show the IT department that you won’t be a pain in their neck
- Show the finance department a transparent roadmap of the true cost of ownership from implementation thru tangible ROI.
Some great advice for anyone trying to sell in healthcare.
This panel discussion complements several recent episodes:
- Episode 145: How Payers Can Master Core Administrative Transactions and Deliver a World-class Experience to their Members and Providers w/ Steve Krupa
- Episode 148: Partnering with Payers w/ Andrew-Adrian Karlin of Highmark
- Episode 150: How to Turn the Growth Engine on in your Digital Health Startup with Bryan Loomis – one of the organizers of this event
- Episode 151: Shifting Healthcare’s Culture Toward Openness and Experimentation with Red Hat’s Paul Jones where we talk about his experience as a buyer at a health plan and how that helps him in his new role as a seller.
We focus on selling a lot because you may have the best solution in the world, but nothing happens until someone sells something.
The Digital Health Growth Summit
The Digital Health Growth Summit, hosted by Actionable Intelligence Network and Viral Healthcare Founders, is an on-demand virtual event. The Summit was held on October 29-30, 2020.
This two-day Summit highlights the marketing, sales, and leadership capabilities and strategies that are necessary for digital health startups to grow and scale. Speakers include nationally recognized growth experts and executives from digital health companies, hospitals, health systems, health plans, investors and accelerators.
The Summit is designed to meet the information needs of marketing and sales leaders and other senior executives at digital health startups. The program would also be of interest to digital health accelerators, the investment community, consulting firms and marketing and sales technology companies.
Videos of all presentations from the Digital Health Growth Summit can be accessed by registering on the Summit website: https://ain.events/dhgsummit/
Listen to the panel discussion here:
Or, find it on your favorite podcast network such as:
Trying to drive change within your healthcare organization? Launching a new product? Having trouble getting decision-makers’ attention and buy-in?
We’ll help you understand the whole picture so that you can align your innovation with the things decision-makers care about. And then we’ll help you execute It’s not easy, but it’s possible and we’ll help you get there. Sign up here and we’ll keep you up to date on healthcare industry news with podcasts, blog posts, conference announcements and more. No fluff. No hype. Just the valuable (and often not-so-obvious) information you need to get things done.
Music by StudioEtar