Don and Shahid discuss NCQA’s Health Innovation Summit (November 2022) and FHIR Dev Days (June 2022). They explore these events as examples of how to interpret what you hear at conferences, in industry media, and even on podcasts like this.
The discussion covers a lot of ground including:
- What is NCQA?
- What is HEDIS?
- What does it mean to move from Electronic Clinical Quality measures (ECQM) to Digital Quality Measures (DQM)?
- Can FHIR really do all that!?
- Specified, but not implemented (this is important).
- Why is it hard to innovate and sell innovations in the quality measure space?
- How are health equity and social determinants of health factoring into quality measurement?
It’s a fun conversation, but… take it with a grain of salt.
You can also find this episode on your favorite podcast network such as:
Trying to drive change within your healthcare organization? Launching a new product? Having trouble getting decision-makers’ attention and buy-in?
We’ll help you understand the whole picture so that you can align your innovation with the things decision-makers care about. And then we’ll help you execute It’s not easy, but it’s possible and we’ll help you get there. Sign up here and we’ll keep you up to date on healthcare industry news with podcasts, blog posts, conference announcements and more. No fluff. No hype. Just the valuable (and often not-so-obvious) information you need to get things done.
The #HCBiz Show! is produced by Glide Health IT, LLC in partnership with Netspective Media.
Music by StudioEtar